Monday 6 October 2008

Vegan Pumpkin Pie!

Just in time for Thanksgiving. Here is a quick and super easy pumpkin pie recipe, that's sans dairy, eggs and nuts. Pour the mixture into a gluten free pie crust and it's also gluten free! I made this pie last weekend for an early Thanksgiving celebration, and everyone loved it. I don't even think my family realized there was tofu in it ;)

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the following ingredients in a blender until smooth:

  • ¾ lbs. tofu
  • 1 16 oz. can of pumpkin
  • 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
  • ¾ tsp. ground ginger
  • ½ tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 cup oil (I use extra virgin olive oil, but any kind is fine)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 ½ tbsp. molasses


You can add more/less of the tofu to get the desired consistency. Pour the mixture into an unbaked pie crust (make sure you read the ingredients to make sure it's vegan). Bake for 1 hour. Let the pie cool completely, and then chill in the refrigerator. Cheers to vegcooking.com for the recipe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!! I'm gonna try it tonight.

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea ... did you try using pumpkin spice at all?

Anonymous said...

Hey Vegan Grrl! Thanks for your comment. I'm always so excited when someone takes the time to comment on a post.

No, I haven't tried using pumpkin spice because I didn't have any on hand that day. The pie was made with pretty much ingredients I already had around the house (I had to go out and buy a pie crust though) ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis