Friday 11 December 2009

Another New Canada Organic Logo Sighting


Hurray! The new Canada Organic logo is steadily proliferating among Canadian organic products. This one was seen on a bag of Salba Smart Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips. I almost missed it because the logo is in black and white. The red, white and green one is definitely more eye catching, but I guess it's up to the company as to whether they use the logo in colour or not.

I'm particularly happy to see this logo on tortilla chips, as I've seen chips sold in this same store labelled "organic" only to find when I read the ingredients on the back that only one or two ingredients are actually certified organic. This does not an organic chip make.

Remember when you see the Canada Organic logo you can rest assured that the product is 100% certified organic by a third party certifier (& at least 95% organic for non food products). To read more about this exciting new logo, read my post explaining the logo, or my post on Nature's Baby products, a company that is trying to fool customers into believing all their products are organic.

I wonder if anyone else in this world loves hunting for organic logos like I do ;)

1 comment:

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

thanks for noticing my Raw Award nominations and my write up in CSexyLife. I am posting it later today.

You're the best honey!!!!
Hope your weekend is rocking on and peaceful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis