Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Travel Photos

Don't worry I'm not going to bore you with all 600 of my photos from my trip to India. Here are a select few of my trip.

This is where I was staying for the duration of my 5 months abroad. I miss it already.

Sunny, green and beautiful
A stunning Radha Krishna fresco in the garden
Every Thursday there was an Indian cultural program, either a musical concert, traditional dance, martial arts performance or talk. It's not all hatha yoga, we have fun too.

Kerala's famous Kathakali, hard to explain so click on the link to learn more
This night we were treated to a veena concert


Here's a photo from the Kids Camp program.This little girl was one of the most flexible kids at the camp, and more flexible than most of her teachers too!  It is kind of hard to see, but she has her foot behind her head.


Twice a week there was a silent walk to a nearby lake. Meditation and chanting while watching the sunrise (or sunset) over the mountains. Pure bliss

Just another beautiful sunrise in paradise

The sun bursting through the coconut trees
It was a bumpy ride, but totally worth it!
And finally here are some of my photos from the nearby beach, Kovalam, which is kind of famous if you go to Southern Kerala:

Lighthouse Beach in Kovalam
The Indian bathing suit. Believe it or  not local women wear a sari when swimming
The men dress much more causally. Here's a soccer football game in progress
A handy instructional sign in the washroom of the seaside German Bakery Cafe

I do hope you all enjoyed my photos.  In case you missed it, check out my photos from the Taj Mahal too.

Stay tuned for more raw vegan sattvic recipes coming up very soon ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2011-2014 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis