Sunday 10 July 2011

Canada Organic Logo: Spreading Wide & Far

Remember my obsession with the Canada Organic logo and finding it on products in stores?  I remember years ago when I first heard about the plans to create this logo.  A few years later it was launched, and I couldn't wait to find the first one in my hometown.  Slowly, slowly I began seeing the logo on more and more products.

I was pleasantly surprised when I returned home from my trip to find that this logo is now everywhere!  I've seen it on everything from organic soymilk, chips, juice, snack bars, cereals and more.  No, I won't bore you with photos of the logo on all these products ;)

I also discovered that I'm not the only organic nerd that loves finding this logo.  This website created for Organic Week in Canada (which is October 15-22, 2011), apparently also loves finding that little green, white and red logo.  They've even created a Google map of places where it's been seen!  I can't wait to add all my sightings - I have LOTS!
With many companies green washing and tricking customers into believing their products are healthier than they really are, I'm so glad to see the organic logo proliferating.  When shoppers see this logo on food they know the product is 100% certified organic by a third party using Canadian standards.  In other words it makes your shopping an easy no-brainer.
Back to the new website I found .... I didn't realize that there was an Organic Week in Canada, but now that I do, I'll be sure to join in on the festivities.  I don't see anything in my hometown listed under the activities, but it's still a few months away.  Or maybe I could organize something myself ....

2 comments:

Organic Week said...

Hey thanks for the love of Organic Week!

Please do organize an event in your community from Oct. 15-22, 2011 -- that's the sort of celebration across the country we're talking about!

Also, you can like us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/organicweek & follow us on Twitter: @organicweek

keep on logo-spotting!

- Organic Week

Anju said...

Oh wow, I can't believe you found my site! Thanks for leaving a comment and encouraging me to organize an event. I'm still trying to work out what I will do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis