Monday 1 August 2011

Raw Vegan Blueberry Pie Ice Cream

It's blueberry season!  Let's celebrate with a frosty bowl of blueberry soft raw serve, shall we?

If you missed my raw serve highlight post, check it out for tons of variations on raw, vegan & sattvic ice cream like treats.

Raw Blueberry Pie Ice Cream


  • 1 banana, cut up into small pieces and then frozen
  • 1 pint blueberries, frozen (reserve some fresh berries for garnish)
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom (optional)
Whiz the frozen fruit (& cardamom) in a food processor until it resembles ice cream.  Scoop into a chilled dish and top with the fresh blueberries.


The frozen blueberries didn't combine as well as the frozen strawberries in my strawberry version, but the dish is still absolutely heavenly.  I love cardamon, especially with blueberries, so I might have put more like 3/4 teaspoon in mine.  Use it to suit your tastes.  Cinnamon would also be lovely I think.

Is your heart crying out for more blueberry recipes?  Try my Raw Vegan Sattvic Blueberry Cardamom Pudding or if a smoothie is more your scene, my Banana Blueberry Mint Raw Smoothie.

I'm having such a great summer this year, teaching yoga, enjoying nature, meeting new people and learning all the lessons I was destined to learn (some lessons are harder to learn than others, but I'm still smiling).  I hope you all are enjoying your summer too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis